Since we’re talking about sexy today, I figured it was only fitting for me to do a post about what I find most sexy– the right music. The senses are God’s little gifts to our sex lives. Some people are very visual (men, to put a finer point on it) and they like to see the naked chick goin’ down on the hero. Others are more susceptible to touch. Just a brush of lips on the back of the neck can be enough to send them over the edge. And some of us are very audial. By “us” I really mean “me.” I have to hear things. Talking, whispers, little groans– I find it all very sensual. And one of the things that really gets me going is the right music. It’s true– I have a list of songs that are sure to get me in bed. And I’ve noticed that many of these songs have found their way onto various playlists for various stories. Yes– I make soundtracks for my stories. Shoot me an email and I’ll be glad to ennumerate…LOL. Alright… to the list (in no particular order).
1. Wreath of Barbs by :wumpscut:– I admit it, I’m a closeted rivethead. I love industrial music. Especially when writing a really intense erotic scene. And this song, though it’s got the pounding grind of the Industrial sound, the melody is haunting and sensual. There’s about a billion different remixes of it and it has become an Industrial anthem. I can’t be responsible for my actions when I hear it….
2. Hollow by Epsilon Zero– I first heard about Epsilon Zero from a friend back when they were just a local band playing dives and (I’m not kidding) haunted houses. She fell in love with frontman Jamison Boaz’s incredible vocals and insisted that we all take a listen. And I’m so glad I did. This song is just sad and sexy and everything you could want in a dark romantic track. It makes me very happy in ma pants, as my friend Sky would say.
3. I Put a Spell on You by Creedence Clearwater Revival– This is mine and my husband’s song. The first time I heard it I was a teenager staying up late to watch soft core porn on Showtime. It was featured in a particularly hot scene in the movie “Knight Moves” with Christopher Lambert. Now, I think only me, Christopher Lambert and maybe his mom have ever seen this movie, but the song stuck with me. So years later when I met my husband, a man who really makes my liver quiver, it seemed only natural that we would adopt this as our song. That and the fact that he believes to this day that I put a love hoodoo on him. Absurd isn’t it…..
4. One by U2– This song is perhaps the most perfect song ever recorded. Poetic lyrics that pierce straight through, smooth melodies that are dark, but singable and Bono’s growly vocals make this song one of my favorites of all time. Though it’s more about love between all of us as the human race, it’s a sexy tune that takes my breath away every time.
5. My Heart Will Go On by Bella Morte– I got no idea why I find this song so sexy. Perhaps it’s because it’s so different from the Celine Dion version. Maybe it’s the sentiment of unconditional love pulling at my heartstrings. Or maybe it’s frontman Andy Deane’s mohawk– I’m not sure. All I know is, this song makes me want to dance in the dark, then slide down the wall and make passionate love on the concrete floor.
Are there others? Of course. Closer by Nine Inch Nails (cliche– I know), Para-Noir by Marilyn Manson and So Far Away by Dire Straits just missed the cut for this post. But I was already up to 600 words and I still need to stick an excerpt from “Masquerade” at the bottom. I know… it’s the only reason you read this far………..
So in this scene, Blythe has some momentary doubts. Silly girl…
Blythe closed her eyes, allowing this masked stranger to pull her close. His hands slid lower,
Available 12/17 @ BN.com, Bookstrand, and AllRomance eBooks
cupping the fleshy part of her ass and using it as leverage to press her center against his. He pushed against her teasingly, obviously wanting her to feel his arousal. She whimpered, wanting to grind against him with abandon, but propriety getting the best of her.
“I shouldn’t be doing this,” she sighed, nuzzling into him.
“Of course you should,” Apollo purred. “You’re safe here. No one will ever know.”
“But I will.”
“There is always risk. But with no risk, life becomes stagnant and meaningless.” The music swelled as if on cue and he twirled her roughly until he had her pinned against the wall, away from everyone. “You’re dripping with life, love. I can smell it on you just as sure as I can smell that French perfume.” He inhaled deeply, his breath so hot against her skin it seemed to sizzle. “If you keep it all inside, I promise it will fester like a disease until it’s painful and the light goes out.”
Blythe groaned softly, brushing her lips against the line of his cheekbone, feeling his words down to the well of desire building in her belly. He was right. If she didn’t let herself have this…if she didn’t let it go, then it would grow into resentment towards Will, then hate. It would destroy them.
“Yes,” she sighed as his tongue found its way into the cuff of her ear.
He chuckled softly, a gravelly sound that made her insides roll with excitement. “I thought you’d see it my way,” he whispered, sliding his hand down her thigh to pull her leg over his hip.
To stay up to date on my ramblings and debauchery:
The Southern Belle from Hell: https://lexxxchristian.wordpress.com/
Fan Page on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Lexxx-Christian-The-Southern-Belle-from-Hell/245839382102904
And don’t forget to hop around and see the other contributing authors!! They have hot contests going on for commentors!